UK Ancestry Visa
The UK Ancestry Visa is a good visa option and basically meant for the citizens of the Commonwealth nations, who have a grandparent who was born in the UK, comprising the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. It is not necessary for the grandparent to be still alive for the candidate to be qualified.
The visa has a legal validity for a period of 5 years. However, the application procedure is somewhat more complex & involved. During this time-frame you can reside and do a job in the country. You can’t change or switch into the visa in case you are already present in the UK on a different visa. You also cannot obtain public funds.
Post 5 years of stay in the UK country can submit an application for the prized Permanent Residence (Indefinite Leave to Remain), and then afterwards UK Citizenship, in case you fulfill the mandatory requirements. People, who presently have Ancestry Visas legally valid for a period of 4 years, can submit an application from within the nation to lengthen these.
UK Ancestry Visa Requirements
- You must be a citizen of the Commonwealth nations.
- You must submit an application from outside the UK. 3. You must present a petition in your home nation, or the nation where you are lawfully resident.
- You must be in a position to illustrate that one of your grandparents was born in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- You must be in a position to and plan to do a job in the country.
- Your age must be between 18 and 30 years on the date of the petition.
- You must have the equal of 1890 British Pounds in obtainable cash savings (only needed in your account for some days at the time of application).
- Your background must be 100% clean. There should not be any serious criminal or traffic crimes slapped against you.
- There must not be any dependents on your under the age of 18 years.
- You will have to shell-out the UK Health Surcharge. However, it will cover your healthcare charges through your stay in the country.
- You cannot have made a trip to the UK at any other time–either under the Youth Mobility Scheme or as a Working Holiday Maker.
- You must be in a position to take care of your needs, minus access to public funds.
UK Ancestry Visa—what’s the sanction time period?
You may present a petition for a visa up to 3 months, prior to the date you make a trip to the country. You should obtain a decision on the fate of your visa petition inside 3 weeks. Still, the processing times differ, and cannot be assured.
UK Ancestry Visa Charges
The cost of this visa application is 405 British Pounds even as it is paid directly to the UK Border Agency (UKBA), and is not refundable, irrespective of the consequence of your petition. As mentioned before, you can also have to shell-out the healthcare surcharge as component of your petition.
Summary: Check the page and fish-out some useful information on the UK Ancestry Visa.