The Ontario PNP has been a blend of Ontario Immigrant Nominee Programme and Ontario Express Entry Programme. As per the present draw done by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), as many as 6000 applicants will be touching the Canadian soil through this specific immigration scheme.
Under the provision–as per envisaged by the immigration laws in Canada–through the Ontario PNP, the province of Ontario can recruit skilled workers from different parts of the globe, to actively participate in their different sectors, whether they are ailing ones or the ones which are on a growth trajectory, and they want more skilled workforce to bring about a change.
How Does This Programme Work?
Under the provision of this programme, the province has been given the right to handpick the foreign workers, to fill up the gaps in their manpower. Under this popular and widely used programme, different provinces in the Maple Leaf Country have been given the leverage to handpick the best skilled individuals with experience to enter in their workforce, and help the economy achieve its desired goals. In this programme, the assessment of the work is not entirely dependent on the Comprehensive Skill Based Assessment parameter. This programme acts independently of the Express Entry Programme, but it has been governed by the data that is collected from the Express Entry Job Bank.
Different Categories of Ontario Provincial Nomination Programme
General Category of PNP
Requirements of General Category
- To have this visa you must have a Canadian Work Permit.
- You must have a job offer of skill type 0 which is managerial occupation or skill type Level A which is professional occupation, and Skill Type B technical occupation and skilled trades and Canadian National Occupation Classification (NOC).
- You must have to be nominated by an employer or job-provider that has been prescreened and duly approved by the Ontario province.
International Student Category
- In specific cases, the International Student Category will also work out fine for the applicants for the Ontario PNP Programme. But in this pursuit in order to get recognized it is important that the person has a diploma or degree from an eligible Canadian university.
- In this case also offers for the job–falling in the Skill Type 0, A and B–will define the immigration.
- The employment must be suitably approved by the provinces.
PNP International and PhD Graduates
- Within two years you can submit an application for the PNP after your Master’s Degree.
- Can reside in Ontario with legal status in the nation.
- You must have lived in Ontario for one cumulative year and plans to live in Ontario in the near future.
- Demonstration of proficiency in English and French will help you make inroads in the immigration.
These are few specific guidelines of the Ontario PNP under which you can establish yourself in the Maple Leaf Country.
Summary: With a brief about Ontario PNP you can easily understand how you can make the probabilities end up paying in lump-sum for you.