The offshore Partner (Provisional) Visa (subcategory) 309 is the initial but crucial step towards a Permanent Partner Visa (subcategory 100) in case you are physically located outside of Australia. The highly valued Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100 is basically a two-step procedure involving the Partner Visa (Subcategory 309) duly trailed by the Partner Visa (Subcategory 100).
Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100 enable the spouse, or the de facto partner of the qualified sponsor, to move to and stay in the country. These visas enable you to gain admission or reside in the country, on the ground of your wedded or defacto association with your partner.
You require lodging just 1 petition for both the visas, even as there is also just 1 application cost. The processing takes place in two stages, roughly two years separately. It is mandatory that you submit an application for these visas while you are physically located outside Oz, and you ought to be outside Down Under when the Subcategory 309 Visa is duly offered to you. You may be in or outside the popular overseas destination when your Subcategory 100 (Permanent) Visa is offered.
Important: It is possible for both the opposite sex and the identical sex couples to submit an application for a Partner Visa under the scheme.
Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100–Some FAQs
What is a Partner Visa (Subclass 309)?
It is essentially a temporary Visa (impermanent visa), and the initial step to getting the cherished residency status in the country. The same is meant for the spouses, the de facto partners of those with either citizenship, or PR in the country or qualified New Zealand citizens who reside in Oz. It is possible to apply for the visa in case you are outside of the nation at the time of application and sanction.
What is a Partner Visa (Subclass 100)?
It’s basically a Permanent Visa and enables the spouse or the de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to reside in Oz. It is the next step to obtaining PR in the country. You may submit an application for the Subclass 100 in case you have a Subcategory 309 Visa, and you may be located either in or outside of the country when you either apply for it, or it is given to you. There is no bar whatsoever on your location.
Who would the Partner Visas (Subclass 309 & 100) be appropriate for?
A Subcategory 309 Visa would be perfect for you in case:
- You and your Australian partner are lawfully wedded, plan to legally tie the knot in the near future (before a verdict on your migration petition), or you have been in a defacto association for not less than 1 year instantly before your visa of petition.
- You came across your partner online even as you are nursing a long distance association with an Australian.
- You are situated out of the Kangaroo Land at the time of your petition and authorization.
Important: In case you want to submit an application for the visa, and are in a de facto association, it is mandatory that you and your partner are not less than 18 years old.
A Subcategory 100 Visa would be perfect for you in case:
- You possess a Subcategory 309 Visa.
- You successfully sail through the assessment carried-out by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) against the conditions meant for the Permanent Partner Visa.
Important: These Partner Visas are applicable to the heterosexual and identical sex associations in a similar way.
Who is qualified for a Partner Visa?
The two types of Partner Visas available enable you to stay in Oz in case you are the spouse or de facto partner of a person who is one of these:
- A citizen of Down Under.
- A Permanent Resident in Down Under.
- A qualified citizen of New Zealand.
What are the eligibility conditions for the Partner Visas?
- You ought to have sponsorship from a qualified Sponsor who is either a Citizen, or Permanent Resident, or an entitled citizen of New Zealand.
- In case you are wedded, it is required that your wedding is legally binding under the national laws of Oz.
- Defacto couples and the matching sex couples could submit an application for the visa in case they have been staying together for not less than 1 year.
- Your partner and every dependent family member ought to fulfill some specific health conditions and face the immigration medical checks.
- Your partner and every dependent family member must be above 16, and ought to fulfill the different Character Requirements of the DIBP.
In case you fulfill every legal condition, you could get a Temporary Partner Visa (Subcategory 309). It continues to be legally valid until a decision is reached on your permanent (Subclass 100) Visa – which, in majority of the situations, will be not less than 2 years, post the date of petition for your 820 Visa. Still, the chances of you obtaining a Permanent Visa (Subcategory 100) immediately, in some specific situations, cannot be ruled out.
How do you present a petition for Partner Visas (Subclass 309 & 100)?
You submit just 1 petition for your Temporary Visa (Subcategory 309) and Permanent Visa (Subcategory 100). You also just give one petition cost. At times, some misunderstandings could germinate amongst the visa candidates over which Partner Visa is the correct one for them. Check with your visa consultancy, to get advice on the best possible visa option. We–at Abhinav–will leave no stone unturned to guarantee that you fulfill every of the visa lodgement condition, and work closely with you to get ready and present a perfect petition.
What are the key advantages of the Partner Visa?
The two Partner Visas enable the candidate to:
- Gain admission into Oz and reside until a decision is reached on the Permanent Partner Visa (Subcategory 100).
- Do a job in the country.
- Pursue studies in the nation (minus government support).
- Enroll in Medicare.
In case the candidate later gets a Permanent Visa, they may:
- Reside in the Kangaroo Land in an indefinite manner.
- Do a job and study there in.
- Submit an application for the prized Australian citizenship (it depends on the eligibility though).
- Proffer sponsorship to the qualified family members for Permanent Residence.
- These Partner Visas also enable the candidate to include their dependent kids and other dependent family members on the petition; of course, in case they fulfill the conditions of being a member of the family.
It’s only a fleeting summary of the plan even as there are numerous other issues to be mulled over. Our dedicated team of experienced migration experts has guided and helped numerous individuals successfully move to the Kangaroo Land under the Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100, and there is no reason why we cannot assist and guide you similarly.
Summary: Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100 can be a valuable option for you to get admission into Australia and reside and do a job there in, on a permanent basis.