Many people from India, keen to explore Europe with a Schengen Tourist Visa, want to know about the compulsory Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens, for obvious reasons. This blog is for them.
In the last few years the craze of getting a Schengen Tourist Visa, among the Indian citizens, has increased. The said category is of vital importance, as it gives easy access to many European countries with one single visa. Indian citizens apply for Schengen Visa for several reasons. While some of them want to expand their business in Europe whereas other want the visa for pleasure.
Europe is a wonderful place to visit. It has some of the most exciting locations in the world, and nearly everyone wants to travel to this perfectly perfect tourist destination, at least once in their life, but unfortunately, it’s not that easy to get a Schengen Tourist Visa.
Schengen Tourist Visa Duration
If you are a first time applicant, you will get 90 days in a period of 180 days, frequent visitors will get 6 months or a year, but the time period is restricted for the first time travelers.
Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
Following are the primary Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens:
- At least six months bank statement: This is most important. If you do not have enough money in your account to cover your round trip to Europe, it’s useless to apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa. It’s a good idea to maintain the flow of money in your account for not less than six months in advance before applying for the visa.
- Cover letter: Although cover letter is not mandatory, it’s a necessary document. While drafting the cover letter, clearly mention the reason of your travel.
- Income Tax Return: If you are earning, you must have an ITR, and in case if you have not declared yet, do so before applying for a Schengen Tourist Visa. If you are a non-earner, you do not need the same.
- Salary slip and leave letter: If you are employed, you will be required to submit salary slip for at least three months, and also a leave letter signed by the authorized person. It will act like a no objection certificate.
- Passport: Valid passport with at least three months validity period along with two blank pages to get a Schengen Tourist Visa stamp on it.
- Passport size photograph: It is obligatory that you submit latest passport size photograph with white background, otherwise it will not be accepted.
- Medical Travel Insurance: You must have overseas medical travel insurance of not less than EUR 30,000; otherwise you will have to re-apply.
- Confirmed Return Ticket: Have a confirmed flight ticket attached along with your application.
- Travel Itinerary: Also submit a detailed itinerary of your planned trip. Details of hotel booking, places you want to visit, and the mode of transport you are going to use. It’s a tough call but is almost mandatory.
So these are the main Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens.
Summary: Check the piece and figure out Schengen Tourist Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens!