Canada is perhaps the first country in the world to adopt the policy of multiculturalism, embracing diversity and pluralism. It is home to people from 200 ethnic origins. Here, the Immigrant Visa Process in Canada sees the visas being processed under by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Immigrant Visa Process in Canada–Step-by-Step Guide
- File a Petition (1-130 or 1-140)
- Immigrant visa processing at NVC
- The Interview appointment (if required)
- The Medical Examination
- The Day of interview
- The Visa Adjudication
- You receive your visa
It is to that during the entire visa application and interview process, one must be absolute truthful and give complete and accurate information. Disobeying may lead inconvenience, the process will be delayed or it may be declared illegible.
At present, there are more than 60 programmes available for immigration to Canada. Everyone’s path to Canadian immigration thus will make it unique. There are different categories for professionals and workers under which one may fit into the Permanent Resident Visa class. It includes The Federal and Quebec Skilled worker programmes, the Provincial Nominee programs, the Canadian Experience Class, the Quebec Experience Class, and the Federal self employed programme.
Ottawa also offers many Family Class Sponsorship plans, where Canadian citizens and permanent residents may sponsor some family members and loved ones for immigration.
Immigration Programmes in Canada
The IRCC has launched many immigrant friendly immigration schemes to allow the quality immigrants in the country, with the help of the various provinces of Canada, i.e., Express Entry, QSWP, and various PNPs. All these plans have different criteria and requirements.
Listed are the schemes:
- Skilled immigrants (Express Entry) program.
- Quebec-selected skilled workers
- Canadian Experience Class programme
- Immigration Investor Venture Capital Pilot Programme
- Self-employed Persons Programme
- Family sponsorship programme
- Provincial nominees programme
- Caregivers programme
- Refugees programme
Key Requirements of Canada Immigration:
- Language proficiency
- Health and character requirements
Process Time for Canada Immigration
The time for Immigrant Visa Process in Canada is basically the time it takes to get the procedure completed for immigration to the nation. It means the total time it takes from submitting profile to Visa approval, etc. The processing time is subject to the particular immigration plan or visa category one chooses actually.
It may be based on the below factors:
- Immigration Programme: It differs, based on the specific immigration scheme one applies under.
- Visa Application: It also depends on the fact the one whether have submitted the visa application correctly or not, as incorrect details may also delay the process of application.
- Documents/information: It depends on how quickly one presents the required information or documents to the authorities.
- LMIA Approval: Time taken for LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) approval in case of Canadian job offer bases visas, might also effect on the process timing.
However, the processing time can be reduced if you seek and get help or support from a reliable Immigration consultancy.
Summary: Learn what Affects Time for Immigrant Visa Process in Canada, and move in style!